Peak Time for Peonies
The peonies in my garden are putting on a great show this week. The colours are beautiful and the scent is almost overwhelming.
I didn’t make it to the Oshawa Peony Festival this year, but I did visit the Oshawa Valley Botanical Garden a few days after the festival. Their display of peonies is outstanding.
If you have never been to the Oshawa Peony Festival, I encourage you to add it to your calendar for next year. The Festival features:
- one of Canada’s largest contemporary peony collections
- over 300 varieties in the garden
- Canadian Peony Society Ontario Region judged Peony Show
- Matsuyama Bonsai Society annual show
- garden inspired works by painters, sculptors and artisans
- trails and gardens along the Oshawa Creek Valley
- Expert advice and demonstrations
- musical entertainment and cultural performances
- food from local restaurants
- photo contest
- art contest
Stay tune to my blog next week for tips on growing peonies.