I am a fanatic about using gloves in the garden. The damage that moist soil does to my hands is second only to the damage that the sun can do to unprotected skin.
My demands for the perfect pair of gardening gloves have been met (after painstaking trials that drove our supplier crazy!). I insisted that the Mark’s Choice gardening gloves had to be:
- flexible, so that I could remove small seedlings from a tray
- tough – to repel moisture and resist wear at the finger tips (note the reinforcing)
- wrist closure – to keep dirt from jamming down the palm
- washable – when I’ve been working in wet soil, I can rinse them off in a bucket or throw them in the wash and put in the sun to dry
- affordable – I want a pair in my tool shed, my garage, under my four rain barrels and at the back door.
And guest what? We did it! Tell me how they work for you!
Home Hardware # 5525-838, -839, -840